10 AM – 11 AM
Community Performances by Portland Taiko, Obukan Judo, and others
11 AM – 12 PM
Speaking by community leaders and elected officials, including:
- Metro Councilor Duncan Hwang,
- Multnomah County Commissioner Susheela Jayapal,
- Philanthropist Anne Naito-Campbell,
- The Pacific Islander Community Coordinator for Immigrant & Refugee Community Lute Richards, and
- Multnomah County Commissioner Lori Stegmann
12 PM – 6 PM
Cultural heritage institutions will be open for free to encourage exploration of AANHPI culture & history, including Japanese American Museum of Oregon, Lan Su Chinese Garden, Oregon Historical Society, Oregon Jewish Museum, Portland Chinatown Museum, and others.
Festival Streets on Flanders and Davis Streets will have food carts and tables from organizations.
Lan Su will feature performances by Ka Lei Hai’a O Ka Lokelani, Takohachi Taiko, and Vancouver Jasmine Dance Troupe.
Food Cart Info
6 PM – 9 PM
Vigil and memorial at Lan Su Garden to honor those that came before us and those that we have lost during the pandemic, featuring Fear No Music, Chinese calligraphy demonstration, and lantern lighting at dusk.